You successfully searched for and found a chemical that is used in your product! Next, you are greeted by a chart of red, yellow and green boxes filled with hazard data. In this article we will walk through what this data means and the information available in this page.
1. This area lists the GreenScreen List Translator™ score (or the GreenScreen® for Safer Chemicals Assessment score if available). We used this chemical hazard assessment methodology because it is widely accepted within industry. In this assessment methodology, lower numbers means it has a more unsafe hazard profile. To help clarify, all scores are given a red, orange, yellow, grey or green rating. To read more about the different assessment methodologies, click here.
2. This section displays the known hazard data about the chemical. This is gathered from authoritative lists specified by the Greenscreen standard. The specified lists used for each chemical can be seen in area 6 as well.
3. This area contains general information about the chemical, including any chemical families and synonyms. Chemical families are used to group similar chemicals together, both in regulations and in voluntary lists. The synonyms are searchable using the general Toxnot search.
4. This section of the chemical page indicates any regulatory and hazard lists the chemical belongs to, as well as the reason for inclusion on that list. This can be very useful for identifying if the chemical is only regulated by one specific regulation or if it is targeted by many.
5. This area defines any restricted substances lists, such as lists from specific building standards or retailers, that the chemical belongs to.
6. This dropdown provides an overview of information on GreenScreen® Specified Lists to quickly identify chemicals that may be of high concern by scoring chemicals based on over 40 hazard lists. These Specified Lists are mapped to hazard endpoints and a hazard level/range.
Have any questions for us? Reach out on the chat box in the lower right-hand corner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.