As a consultant, you may collect and synthesize information from a large number of suppliers and sources, not all of which can be shared directly with your clients. Toxnot offers consultants the ability to publish data to a client with options to transform the data, so that you can share your hard work in the way most appropriate to your situation.
This feature is only available to Starter and Full Consultant Accounts. Contact us to learn more!
Publish Your BOM
From Materials or Products: select a BOM, click the Actions dropdown, and click Publish to Client.
The Publishing Wizard will guide you through three steps:
- Select the client to which you will publish (you may only select clients where you are an editing consultant. Learn more about joining a client's team).
- Select options for transforming the published data, including proprietary settings and percentage transformations.
- Click Publish to send your submission.
Once you have published data to your client, it immediately becomes available in their library.
There are three proprietary settings which determine how much your client can discover about a substance. When a substance is "masked", the client may not see the substance's name, registry number, or private list memberships. They may see regulatory and restricted list memberships, reasons for inclusion, H codes, and LT-Scores - important information about the substance which does not identify it.
The options are:
- None - There is no transformation. Substances which you can see the name and registry number of will be visible to your client.
- Hide Proprietary Substances - Substances which are marked as proprietary in your data will be "masked" and chemical names and registry numbers will be converted to "Proprietary" when viewed in their account.
- Hide All Substances - All substances will be marked as proprietary and masked, so that chemical names and registry numbers will be converted to "Proprietary" when viewed in their account.
These are advanced data manipulations that affect the row data in your BOMs.
Convert Weights to Percentages and Ranges: Obscure percentage and weight values to a simplified range value. The translation is as follows:
- An upper bound between 0 and 0.1% -> 0-0.1%
- An upper bound between 0.1 and 1% -> 0-1%
- An upper bound between 1 and 5% -> 0-5%
- An upper bound greater than 5% -> range of 5%, e.g. 30-35%
- A substance with a percentage ".3%" will be transformed to "0-1%"
- A substance with a percentage "0.05 - 3%" will be transformed to "0-5%"
- A substance with a percentage "6.2%" will be transformed to "5-10%"
"100%" is considered a special value which is not transformed.
Simplify to Only Substances: Summarize the product's hierarchy as a group of substance data, which becomes the rows of the published product. This is similar to a Basic Inventory HPD.
For example, the following BOM contains formaldehyde twice in two separate materials. Publishing this product with the Simplify to Only Substances option will summarize formaldehyde to a single row.
Note that this option removes data which is not summarized across substances. For example, "Description" will be removed from these rows as it cannot be summarized.
Product to be published:
Product after being published, in the client's account:
Columns to Publish
By default, all columns of a BOM are included in your published data, but you may use Select Columns to de-select columns which should not appear in the published product.
For example, when sharing tiered supplier data, you may need to remove Supplier names when publishing to your client. In this case, de-select Supplier and that column will be emptied upon publishing to your client.
Client Library Quota
When publishing BOMs to a client you are creating new products or materials in their library. If they are approaching (or have exceeded) their row quota, you will not be able to publish to their account.