When you are entering data in Toxnot, sometime you are supplied with incomplete data, or maybe you need to reach out to a supplier to get additional information. In those cases, its helpful to know that things just aren't adding up correctly. To help with that, Toxnot can validate your data and give you a warning to alert you.
To turn on validation, use the Validation option from the Data menu:
Toxnot will validate the following:
- All Level 1 rows add up to at least 100% for their Product % by Weight fields. If ranges are used, max percentages are used to calculate the total Product % by Weight.
- Rows with Material % by Weight add up to at least 100% within their level. If ranges are used, max percentages are used to calculate the total Material % by Weight.
- All lowest level rows in the Level hierarchy have CASRNs assigned to them
- Fields under columns with custom-defined values have valid values assigned.
- The sum of % Pre-Consumer Recycled Content and % Post-Consumer Recycled Content do not exceed 100% in a row
Any rows with issues are flagged with a red tab in the upper right of the first cell in the row. Any cells with issues are similarly flagged: