Health Product Declarations (HPDs) are one type of transparency report to help your customer understand your commitment to healthy materials and sustainable chemistry. You can create HPDs using Toxnot or the Health Product Declaration Collaborative's Builder. You can also import your Toxnot data to the Builder, or export your data from the HPDC Builder to Toxnot.
Creating an HPD
To preview a HPD Report in Toxnot, simply open a product from your library and select Report > HPD > Preview:
There are three types of HPD report:
- Nested Material Inventory (Product Threshold)
- Nested Material Inventory (Material Threshold)
- Basic Inventory
The Nested Material Inventory reports order substances by your level-one materials, and differ in how the threshold for substance inclusion is determined.
The Basic Inventory report simply orders all substances by product, and does not consider materials.
Most information in your HPD is configured in your BOM - HPD Summary Data. You can edit this from your BOM by clicking Data > Edit Summary Data, and choosing the HPD Data Page:
The header of the HPD document includes your product's name and description.
Also included are:
- Classification is configured in the BOM - General Summary Data as CSI Division.
- Product Description is configured in the BOM - General Summary Data as General Description.
Special Summary Information
Inventory Reporting Format and Threshold Disclosed Per are determined based on the type of HPD report you choose.
- For Basic Inventory reports, use the "Residuals and Impurities Notes" field in the Summary Data. If the field is not empty, then the HPD will say "Residuals and Impurities were considered." Otherwise it will say "Residuals and impurities were not considered." The notes themselves will show up under the Product summary rows in Section 2.
- For Nested Materials reports, use the "Residuals and Impurities Notes" column in the BOM editor, and fill it out for any relevant material rows. The HPD will say that residuals and impurities were considered in "M of N materials," where M is the number of materials with non-empty Residuals and Impurities Notes columns, and N is the total number of materials in the report. The notes themselves will show up in the Material data in Section 2.
The HPD report will use a different threshold based on the type of report you choose:
- For Basic Inventory and Nested - Product Threshold reports, your threshold for including a substance is configured in your BOM - General Summary Data as Reporting Cutoff (ppm).
- For Nested - Material Threshold reports, your threshold for including a substance is defined per-material in the Threshold column of your BOM.
The following columns will be tallied for your substances:
- Product % by Weight as %
- Overall Rating as GS (if None, "NoGS")
- Recycled Content as RC (default is "None")
- Nanomaterial as NANO (default is "UNK")
- CASRN as ID
Substance Notes can be added in the Notes column of your substances. Notes will automatically be combined for rows with the same substance.
Proprietary Data is included in the HPD report as "Undisclosed" for both the substance name and CASRN.
Do you have a question about the workflow or issues you've found?
Use the Intercom chat service in the bottom-right of your screen to connect to a Toxnot Customer Success Engineer, and we'll get back to you with the information or help you need.